We have a wonderful sound board op and Jet is willing to get us through the first weekend. But Austin Shakes is Hiring a Sound Asst.for Austin Shakepeare's THE MERRY WIVES OF WINDSOR. This job (A2) just requires on-the-spot intelligence and friendly patience. PAID position at Zilker Hillside Theater (outdoors). one or even two conflicts may be negotiable note evening availability in May below! Interested? contact:
- Performances: Thur-Sun, May 3-27
7, 2018 (evening calls, we anticipate 6pm (although if 5:30 is possible, that can be helpful) thru probably 11pm, depending on the runtime of the performance)
- Strike: (soft dates - if possible, support for strike is always a plus) May 28-30
- setup/breakdown non-permanent sound equipment for each tech rehearsal/performance (because this is an outdoor venue, the sound board, 2 large speakers)
- run up to 20 wireless mics, 2 handhelds, & sound cues via qlab
- all necessary equipment and consumables will be provided. show to be run via a digital board.
- mic actors & run sound check for each tech rehearsal/performance (A2 will help with this)
- A2 is backstage to support & troubleshoot, while Board op is running the board...
- general equipment maintenance (making sure mics remain clean...) throughout run (for Both board op & A2)